School Community Service
The Food Bank welcomes volunteers seeking community service hours for school or other educational projects. Please read the below instructions.
- In order to sign up for a shift, all volunteers are required to create a Volunteer Portal account. Once you have registered you may sign up for available shifts found on our volunteer calendar.
- Students age 11-15 are required to volunteer with an adult who is registered via our Volunteer Portal. Accompanying adults must register for a shift and add a child 11-15 as their team member. Due to our safety regulations, children age 5-10 are only allowed at our Family Food Sorts. Children under age 5 are not allowed to volunteer.
- Community Service volunteers can sign up for these volunteer opportunities:
- Sort Food at Concord Warehouse
- Sort Food at Fairfield Warehouse
- Community Produce Program Distribution
- Food Assistance Program Distribution
- Food for Children Distribution
- Senior Food Program Distribution
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters Verifying Volunteer Service
As a registered volunteer, you may access and print your total volunteer hours via your online Volunteer Portal account.
If you need an official letter verifying your service, please read the following:
- Letters verifying service may be requested only after completing all scheduled hours to fulfill your community service requirements.
- Volunteer service verifications requested on official letterhead may be requested by emailing email@example.com.
- Please allow up to 10 business days, after you have submitted your email request, for processing.
- Verification letters will be emailed as a pdf. If you need to pick up a hard copy of your letter, you will need to make arrangements by emailing the Volunteer Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.