Operations Assistant Volunteer 2024
Operations Assistant Volunteer needed at both the Concord and Fairfield Warehouses.
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is looking for Operations Assistant Volunteers to support our two warehouses. Food Bank Operations Assistant Volunteers will assist Food Bank staff with general repairs on fixtures, furniture, and office equipment as needed, install signs and cabinets, and support basic furniture assembly. Are you interested in using your skills to support the work of your local Food Bank? We are looking for volunteers who can make a 2 to 4-hour commitment twice a week for a three-month term.
If you want to make a difference in the fight against local hunger and you meet the required qualifications listed below, then we would like to talk to you!
Volunteer Functions and Responsibilities:
- Moving and assembling office furniture
- Hanging artwork and facility signage
- Patching holes in drywall; touch-up painting
- Online research of products needed to complete projects
- Troubleshooting office equipment requests; i.e. a wobbly chair
- Interest in the mission of the Food Bank.
- Basic experience with various hand tools and power tools.
- Basic knowledge of furniture assembly.
- Ability to work independently or with other volunteers and Food Bank staff members.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- This volunteer opportunity requires someone to frequently stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- This volunteer opportunity is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to use an email account and to create an online Food Bank volunteer account.
- Ability to make a 3-month commitment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
This opportunity is not open to court-ordered community service volunteers.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. A team can be a family team, corporate team, or any kind of organized group. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: