Fairfield Warehouse: Food Sort (Jan-2023)
Warehouse volunteers sort and box food donations and box or bag fresh produce. Working as a team volunteers check food for quality, sort by category, and box or bag for distribution in our warehouse sorting areas. This position does require standing and some volunteers may need to lift filled boxes up to 35 pounds.
- All volunteers must be scheduled.
- Masks are optional for all volunteer shifts.
- Warehouse shifts in Fairfield are limited to 20 people. Scheduling is first come, first served.
- If you sign up for a shift that you cannot attend, please log into your account and remove yourself so that someone else can sign up to help us.
- Groups may schedule as a team or the leader can schedule themself, then contact the Volunteer Help Desk to have additional people added as "guests" depending on available openings.
- When scheduling a team, it is strongly recommended you contact the Help Desk to confirm all members of your team have been successfully scheduled.
- Closed toe shoes are mandatory (tennis shoes are fine).
- The warehouse temperature can vary so volunteers should dress accordingly; we recommend volunteers dress in layers.
- Individuals needing court-ordered community service MUST complete the court-ordered community service request online and be accepted prior to signing up for a shift.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 11+, Minimum Age:16+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: