Fairfield Warehouse: MLK Jr. Day of Service 2024
Please join the Food Bank on Monday, January 15, 2024, for our Day of Service to honor Martin Luther King Jr. by serving people in need in our community. Individuals, Groups and Families with children as young as five years old are invited to bag or box fresh produce at our warehouse.
This opportunity is open to adults and groups/families with children ages 5 and above. Scheduling is first come, first served.
- All volunteers must be scheduled.
- Groups and families may schedule as a team by using the “Sign Up With a Team” button or the leader can schedule themselves, then contact the Volunteer Help Desk to have additional people added as "guests" depending on available openings.
- One adult for every 8 children between the ages of 5-10 is required.
- Please observe the following guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your group.
- Arrive on time and plan to stay for your entire shift.
- Masks are optional for all volunteer shifts.
- Closed-toe shoes are mandatory (tennis shoes are fine).
- The warehouse temperature can vary so volunteers should dress accordingly. We recommend dressing in layers.
- No food or drink allowed in the warehouse or sorting area.
- No court-ordered community service is available for this shift.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel, please log in to your volunteer account and remove yourself from the registration.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: