Concord Warehouse: Earth Day 2024
The concept of “being green” has evolved over the years. The Food Bank takes pride in our use of solar energy and the fact that we recycle papers, glass and plastics, and have an organics bin. As you might imagine, we also have a special interest in preventing food waste. When we divert food from going into the landfill, our hungry neighbors and our environment all benefit.
This unique opportunity allows groups/families to bring children as young as five years old to volunteer at the Food Bank. Scheduling is first come, first served.
Important information to read before you sign up:
- All volunteers must be scheduled.
- One actively volunteering adult for every 8 children between the ages of 5-15 volunteering is required.
- When you Express Interest in participating in Earth Day you will be required to tell us how many children and how many adults are in your group.
- After submitting your Express Interest request, please wait for an official confirmation from us. You will be notified if there is space for your group, or if the shift is full & you have been placed on the Waiting List.
- Please observe the following guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your group.
- Arrive on time and plan to stay for your entire shift.
- Masks are optional for all volunteer shifts.
- All volunteers must wear a nametag and closed-toed shoes.
- The warehouse temperature can vary so volunteers should dress accordingly. We recommend dressing in layers.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel, please log in to your volunteer account and remove yourself from the registration.
This opportunity is not open to community service volunteers.
Please Note: If “Express Interest” does not appear below, all opportunities are full. Please check back later for additional opportunities.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. A team can be a family team, corporate team, or any kind of organized group. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: