Letter Carrier Food Drive Volunteers 2022
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is looking for volunteers who are willing to help on May 14, 2022 for our annual Letter Carrier Food Drive. Volunteers are needed at select US Post Office locations for the largest one-day food drive of the year.
The event is officially called the ‘Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive’ which takes place annually in May. This is a national event where USPS Letter Carriers pickup food donations as they deliver the mail. Volunteers are needed to help unload the food donations as the carriers return to the Post Office.
If you want to make a difference in your community and you meet the qualifications listed below, let’s connect!
Volunteer Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of volunteers to unload the donated food drive from the letter carrier vehicles known as LLV’s into Food Bank totes or trucks
- Be available between 12pm-7pm on May 14th (times will vary by location)
- Stay at the site until the carriers return from their routes
- Lift grocery bags of donations weighing up to 15 lbs.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:16+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: