Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Client Registration Lead Volunteer 2020
Volunteer Leads needed to support staff during food distributions with client registration and other duties at various locations across Contra Costa and Solano counties.
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is looking for Client Registration Lead Volunteers to support our Food Assistance Program and Food For Children distribution sites. Client Registration Lead Volunteers will check in our existing clients at distribution sites, as well as assist those who are new to the program with the application process, and act as a representative of the Food Bank to our clients. They also complete paperwork on volunteer registration. Current volunteers are encouraged to apply. Are you interested in using your organizational and interpersonal skills to support the work of your local Food Bank? We are looking for volunteers who can make a 3 to 3.5-hour commitment once a month on an ongoing basis.
If you want to make a difference in the fight against local hunger and you meet the required qualifications listed below, then we would like to talk to you!
Volunteer Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Setup registration tables
- Interact with and check-in clients at registration table
- Ensure accuracy of client applications
- Verbally verify household size and income eligibility with new clients
- Manually fill out program cards with client information for new/lost cards
- Interest in the mission of the Food Bank.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Customer service skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Ability to sit for 3 hours at a time and work independently to check-in clients.
- Comfort interacting with diverse clients. Sensitive to the needs of others.
- Sense of humor, flexible, reliable.
- Interest in a long-term commitment preferred.
- Must be at last 18 years of age. No court-ordered community service applicants will be accepted.
- Ability to work outdoors year-round.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: