Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:18+
MLK Jr. Day Family Food Sort (Concord) 2019
This unique opportunity allows parents and grandparents to bring children, as young as five years old, to volunteer at the Food Bank. Outside of Family Food Sorts, the minimum age required to volunteer with an adult is 11. No court-ordered community service is available for this shift. Family Food Sort shifts are limited to 30 people. Scheduling is first come, first served.
You are registering for the Concord volunteer event.
If you prefer to attend the event in Fairfield, please go to: MLK Jr. Day Family Food Sort (Fairfield) 2019
Important information to read before you sign up:
- Signing up for a Volunteer Opportunity: All Food Bank volunteers are required to register in our Volunteer Portal and then to sign up for a volunteer opportunity. Walk-ins are not allowed. By expressing interest for this event, you are registering in our Volunteer Portal. We will respond with a confirmation if there is space to accommodate your group.
- Family Food Sorts are specifically geared to families with young children (age 5-10) who are not allowed to volunteer at our other shifts. When you express interest in participating, you will be required to tell us how many children and adults are in your group. 1 adult actively volunteering for every 8 children volunteering is required. After expressing interest for an event, please wait for an official confirmation from us. You will be notified if there is space for your group or if the shift is full.
- Please observe the following guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your group.
- Arrive on time and plan to stay for your entire shift.
- Closed-toe shoes and long pants are mandatory (tennis shoes are fine).
- The warehouse temperature can vary. We recommend dressing in layers.
- No food or drink allowed in the warehouse or sorting area.
- No walk-ins allowed.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel, please log in to your volunteer account and remove yourself from the registration via your Volunteer Portal account.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: