Age Minimum (with Adult):16+, Minimum Age:16+
Are you bilingual?
Help the Food Bank communicate more effectively with non-English speaking clients. If you are fluent in English, a native speaker in one of the languages listed below, or have excellent conversational skills in one of these languages, we need your help. We are looking for volunteers who are personable, with a positive attitude and strong communication skills in one of the listed languages.
BILINGUAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITES
- Distribution Sites: Register new clients, help distribute food, make announcements and answer questions.
- Nutrition and Recipes: Work with our staff to develop bilingual materials about healthy eating for distribution though our various programs.
DISTRIBUTION SITES WITH HIGH NEED FOR BILINGUAL SKILLS
- Dixon Family Services (Dixon): Every 1st & 3rd Wednesday, 11:00am-12:45pm
- WIC Concord (Concord): Every 1st & 3rd Wednesday, 1:30-3:15pm
- Shields-Reid Community Center (Richmond): Every 1st & 3rd Thursday, 11:30am-1:15pm
- WIC Richmond (Richmond): Every 1st & 3rd Thursday, 1:30-3:15pm
- Cleo Gordon Elementary (Fairfield): Every 1st & 3rd Friday, 1:30-3:15pm
- Cambridge Elementary (Concord): Every 1st & 3rd Saturday, 11:30am-1:15pm
- Bayo Vista Child Care Center (Rodeo): Every 2nd Tuesday, 8:30am-12:15pm
- Nevin Community Center (Richmond): Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday, 9:30-11:15am
- Boys & Girls Club at Trower Park (Vacaville): Every 2nd & 4th Wednesday, 1:30-3:15pm
- Davis Park (San Pablo): Every 2nd & 4th Friday, 11:30am-1:15pm
- Shields-Reid Community Center (Richmond): Every 3rd Tuesday, 8:30am-12:15pm
- Napa Solano Headstart (Vallejo): Every 3rd Wednesday, 8:30am-12:15pm
- Vallejo Community Center (Vallejo): Every 3rd Saturday, 8:30am-12:15pm
To get started, express an interest below.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: