September is Hunger Action Month, and we're joining forces with Feeding America’s nationwide network of food banks to encourage YOU to unleash your inner ACTION HERO!
As COVID-19 and the wildfire season continue to rage on, fighting hunger is more important than ever. The Food Bank is serving 80,000 more people each month than before the pandemic while simultaneously providing relief to a growing number of displaced fire survivors. And with the holiday season around the corner, the need for food is only anticipated to grow—which is why we need your help!
Here are FIVE ways you can take action to fight food insecurity in our community this month!
1. Donate: Every $1 can provide enough food for TWO meals!?
2. Start a Virtual Food Drive: Team up with your family, friends and colleagues to raise funds to fight hunger.
3. Volunteer: Shifts are available seven days a week, including nights and weekends.
4. Advocate: Follow us on social media, share our posts and let others know that you care about fighting hunger.
5. Attend Virtual Empty Bowls on Thursday, October 14, 3-4 p.m.: Register today for a virtual event that will warm your heart.
Thank you for using your powers to help our neighbors in need!