Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Senior Food Program Distribution Volunteer Site Manager 2020
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is looking for Volunteer Site Managers to support our Senior Food Program Distribution site in Fairfield and Martinez. Food Bank volunteer site managers open the distribution site, ensure accuracy of food delivery, manage a team of 5-10 volunteers, and act as a representative of the Food Bank to our clients. They also complete paperwork on volunteers and food products. Current volunteers are encouraged to apply. Are you interested in using your organizational and team management skills to support the work of your local Food Bank? We are looking for volunteers who can make a 3.5 to 4-hour commitment twice a month on an ongoing basis.
If you want to make a difference in the fight against local hunger and you meet the required qualifications listed below, then we would like to talk to you!
Volunteer Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Open distribution site
- Ensure accuracy of food delivery
- Manage team of volunteers
- Interact with clients (seniors)
- Complete and submit monthly paperwork
- Perform light email and phone communications with Program Manager
- Interest in the mission of the Food Bank, volunteer management, and seniors.
- Basic administrative and email skills. Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with managing a team and customer service.
- Ability to stand for 4 hours at a time and work independently to manage volunteers.
- Comfort interacting with diverse clients and seniors. Sensitive to needs of others.
- Sense of humor, flexible, reliable.
- Ability to use an email account and to create an online Food Bank volunteer account.
- Ability to make at least a 1 year commitment. Interest in a long-term commitment preferred.
- Must be at last 18 years of age. No court-ordered community service applicants will be accepted.
- Experience working with seniors a plus.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: