Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Senior Food Program Distribution Volunteer Site Manager 2019
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is looking for a Volunteer Site Manager to support our Senior Food Program Distribution sites located in Rodeo and Walnut Creek. Volunteer Site Managers open the distribution site, ensure accuracy of food delivery, manage a team of 10-15 volunteers, and act as a representative of the Food Bank to our clients. They also complete paperwork on volunteers and food products. Current volunteers are encouraged to apply. Are you interested in using your organizational and team management skills to support the work of your local Food Bank? We are looking for volunteers who can make a 3.5 to 4-hour commitment twice a month on an ongoing basis.
- At our Rodeo location, one site manager is needed on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
- At our Walnut Creek location, one site manager is needed on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
Volunteer Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Open distribution site
- Ensure accuracy of food delivery
- Manage team of volunteers
- Interact with clients (seniors)
- Complete and submit monthly paperwork
- Perform light email and phone communications with Program Manager
- Interest in the mission of the Food Bank, volunteer management, and seniors.
- Basic administrative and email skills. Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with managing a team and customer service.
- Ability to stand for 4 hours at a time and work independently to manage volunteers.
- Comfort interacting with diverse clients and seniors. Sensitive to needs of others.
- Sense of humor, flexible, reliable.
- Ability to use an email account and to create an online Food Bank volunteer account.
- Ability to make at least a 1 year commitment. Interest in a long-term commitment preferred.
- Must be at last 18 years of age. No court-ordered community service applicants will be accepted.
- Experience working with seniors a plus.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: